Before booking a Farm Academy Live program, please follow these instructions to ensure you are capable of connecting to Bluejeans.com, our video conference service provider.
You can connect to Bluejeans.com either from a Desktop/Laptop computer or a Room System like Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize, Lync, etc. If you are unsure which type of system you will be using please contact your school’s IT or Video Conference department.
Connecting with a Desktop/Laptop Computer:
First, check that you have the necessary hardware:
1. A computer or laptop that meets these minimum specifications (We currently can’t connect to Chromebooks)2. A projector, TV Screen or computer monitor large enough that all students can see the presentation (Minimum screen size of 50″ recommended)3. A webcam connected to the computer with enough cable to reach the front of the room. Position the camera near the center of the projector screen, TV, or monitor in such a way that our teacher can see your entire class.4. A microphone capable of picking up all the student’s voices5. A speaker system capable of broadcasting to the entire class6. A modern web browser (we recommend the latest version of Google Chrome on Windows or Mac, update here!)7. A fast internet connection capable of a minimum 1 mpbs download and 1 mpbs upload speed (check your internet speed at Speedtest.net)
Second, connect all the hardware to your computer and do the following:
1. Click this link from your web browser https://bluejeans.com/
111/2. When prompted, type your name and email address, then click Enter Meeting. If you already have a Bluejeans.com account, click Log In3. Make sure that “COMPUTER” is highlighted and “Browser” is selected under “Choose connection option:”4. Click “Join Meeting”5. When asked, accept the installation of the bluejeans.com plugin (you may need help from IT department to do this)6. Now check that your webcam is running. If it is, you will see your camera’s image on the right side of the browser window7. Be sure “Send Audio” and “Send Video” are checked in the center of the screen, then click “Enter Meeting”8. Check that your microphone and speakers are turned on. You should see “Jean” the Parrot. Say “hello” to Jean. If the Parrot talks back to you, everything is working! Congratulations!
9. Now you are free to book a classroom presentation with Farm Academy Live
10. After you submit a request for a presentation, you will receive an email from us with a link to your unique Bluejeans.com meeting. On the day of the presentation simply click the “Join Meeting” button in the email and you will connect directly to us.FOR CHROME USERS:In an upcoming version of the Chrome browser, Google is expected to make changes that will disable plug-ins like Blue Jeans. We don’t yet know precisely when this will occur, but it could be as soon as April 1, 2015. While Google will provide an override for advanced users (via an “enable-npapi” flag) and enterprises (via Enterprise Policy) to temporarily re-enable NPAPI plug-ins like Blue Jeans, all customers will ultimately need to migrate to one of these alternatives:
- Use Safari, Internet Explorer, or Firefox. Current versions of these browsers will continue to support the Blue Jeans plug-in.
- Try the New Blue Jeans App. Blue Jeans is currently working on a stand-alone application for Mac and Windows. Instead of running inside a web browser, the Blue Jeans app installs and runs like any other program. The Blue Jeans app will be generally available no later than the date when Google disables plug-ins in Chrome.
If at any point in the process you are unable to connect to “Jean”, please follow these steps:
1. Read the Browser Access Technical Requirements Document2. If the Browser Access Technical Requirements Document does not help, please forward that document to your IT or Video Conference Department. They may need to modify your firewall or install the browser plugin for you.3. If all else fails, have your IT department contact Bluejeans.com Technical Support http://bluejeans.com/
Connecting with a Room System (Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize, Lync, etc.)
First, have your IT or Video Conference Department test their connection to Bluejeans.com from a room system.
2. Enter meeting ID: 1113. Talk to “Jean” the Parrot. If “Jean” talks back, everything is working, congratulations!4. Now you are free to book a classroom presentation with Farm Academy Live5. After you submit a request for a presentation, you will receive an email from us with a unique Bluejeans.com Meeting ID.
If you can’t connect to Bluejeans.com, please contact support at http://bluejeans.com/
On the day of the presentation:
1. Dial into the Bluejeans.com system at 126.96.36.199 or bjn.vc2. Enter the unique Bluejeans Meeting ID sent in the email
That’s it. We look forward to seeing you live in your classroom soon.
Please note: Our teachers do not have the ability to advise you on technical issues related to your computer, network, or room system. Please complete this support document and work with your school’s IT professionals to connect to Bluejeans.com.