Pre and Post Lesson Activities
- Additional Resources
- Alfalfa Commodity Fact Sheet
- Amazing facts about Dairy Cattle
- Corn Commodity Fact Sheet
- COWABUNGA News about Dairy Breeds questions
- COWABUNGA News about Dairy Breeds
- Dairy Commodity Fact Sheet
- Dairy Trivia for program with answers
- Discover Dairy 1 Cows, Cows, and More Cows
- Discover Dairy 2 Milk Made for You
- Discover Dairy 3 Meet the Milk Makers
- Discover Dairy 4 The Amazing Milk Machine
- Discover Dairy 5 Moving Milk through the Dairy Plant
- From moo to you
- Goin Round and Round Questions
- Going Round and Round Guided Reading Pamphlet
- GREAT CREATION SCIENTISTS louis pasteur
- GREAT CREATION SCIENTISTS Worksheet Answers
- GREAT CREATION SCIENTISTS Worksheet
- How to make butter
- Keepin it Fresh Questions
- Keeping it Fresh Guided Reading Pamphlet
- louis pasteur garden of praise biography
- louis pasteur garden of praise test
- louis pasteur garden of praise worksheet
- louis pasteur word scramble
- louis pasteur word search
- Makin Cows Smile Guided Reading Pamphlet
- Makin Cows Smile Questions
- Meet the Milk Makers wordsearch
- Milk Matters Math Activity Book
- Milk Production Flow Chart Questions
- Thank Goodness For Cows Coloring Booklet
- The great calcium challenge
- What does California grow
- What you need to know about dairy farming
- California Foundation for Ag in the Classroom
- International Agri-Center’s AgVentures!
- My American Farm
- The Education & Agriculture Together Foundation
California Foundation for Ag in the Classroom’s mission is to increase awareness and understanding of agriculture among California’s educators and students. Their vision is an appreciation of agriculture by all. California is dependent upon the success of agriculture, yet today, we are faced with bigger challenges than ever before. Over the last century, children have become further removed from the land that feeds and clothes us. In fact, only 2% of the population is directly involved in production agriculture and many children, when asked where food comes from, will reply “the grocery store!” With more than 7 million students in California, it is essential that these children—the next generation of consumers, parents and decision-makers—grow up with an understanding of agriculture’s critical contributions to our society. Visit their website.
International Agri-Center’s AgVentures! is a fun and exciting way to learn about agriculture. The hands-on exhibits encourage visitors to learn what it takes to provide the agricultural products we rely on.
In California, agriculture is all around us, from fruit trees and row crops to dairy and livestock. The farmer’s life is special and vital to every one of us. It is important that children and adults become aware of how essential the farmer’s job is to our lives. Without those who dedicate their lives to providing us food and fiber we would not have the bountiful harvest that makes California so wonderful.
At AgVentures! Learning Center, students learn using professionally designed curriculum based exhibits. Teachers, parents and children of all ages appreciate the interactive learning environment.
The Antique Farm Equipment Museum and AgVentures! Learning Center are rich with knowledge and history of farming and ranching. Fully restored antique tractors, implements and other farm equipment are showcased in the museum. A trip to the Antique Farm Equipment Museum is like taking a step back in time.
The history of the world’s largest annual farm equipment show, World Ag Expo, is illustrated in the Antique Farm Equipment Museum. You can see how the dream of a farm show evolved into the World Ag Expo. Visit their website.
The Education & Agriculture Together Foundation, commonly known as the E.A.T. Foundation, is a non-profit organization designed to increase educator’s knowledge and experiences in the Agriculture industry and equip them with the appropriate tools to educate future generations regarding the importance of agriculture and rural stewardship in today’s society. Please feel free to navigate through our website and find out about this exciting opportunity! Visit their website.
FoodCorps is a nationwide team of AmeriCorps leaders who connect kids to real food and help them grow up healthy. These leaders are in limited-resource communities for a year of public service where they teach hands-on lessons about food and nutrition; build and tend school gardens, and teach cooking lessons; and help change what’s on lunch trays giving kids healthy food from local farms. Visit their website.